Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Recreation



Answering each phone call by saying, "Thank you for calling Gold's Gym in Cedar City, how can we change your life today?" NOT a perk of my job...
Being able to read 13 books in the last seven months mostly on paid time...perk.
I have had the most enjoyable time being able to read whatever I want for the last few months. I am always on the search for good book recommendations from others so here are a few of mine.

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
A charming tale that I think any woman could relate to. It is a true story of the authors journey through the countries of Italy, India and Indonesia.

Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
A missionary family moves from Georgia to Africa. The story is told by the five women of the family and is a definite page turner.

The Book Theif by Markus Zusak
Narrated by death, this is the story of a small town during Nazi Germany.

These are just a few of the fun worlds I have been lost in for the past few months.


Also, we are so excited to have Tyler's little brother Taylor home from his mission! He is so great and it is like he never left.

3 comments:

Joy Boaz said...

Thank you for the book recommendations. I will pass them along to my book club.

My question to you is... How can I change YOUR life today? So sorry you have to say that!

Love you sis. I miss you bad and am counting down the days!!! :)

Amylee said...

Wish I could reccomend a good one. So far The Lost Symbol is... well.... a Dan Brown novel. I'm picking up The Book Thief, again, after I finish The Lost Symbol.

campbellsplus said...

I have just finished reading "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" (crazy title). I read it again immediately because after the first chapter I was hooked and pretty much plowed through it... you know just had to know what was going to happen next. So I re-read it just to get all of the deliciousness. Of course, I am your Aunt Beth who forgets things as soon as they are out of sight so I might read it again next month just for fun. It is history, a love story, laughter tears and a strong desire to persaoally meet the characters and visit the island.
Looking forward to seeing all of you Wilson gals next weekend!