Wednesday, August 11, 2010


"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


We said farewell to Cedar City two weeks ago. So much happened there in the last four years it is hard to remember much before it, and harder to imagine what life will be after it. As I looked at our empty apartment I was flooded with memories, good and bad, but our first memories. We were so lucky to be blessed with great friends, a wonderful ward, education, jobs, and our home. Our marriage was established here and we learned so much about how we were going to live the rest of our lives. Cedar City taught me who I was. I wouldn't trade all the challenging times that we faced in this place for anything.


Onto a new place. A whole new set of lessons. New life experiences.
We don't know much about our new stage in life. We do know that the Lord has led us here and it is time in our life to rely on him to stretch and grow. We can't wait to let our plan become even better than we could imagine with the help of our Father in Heaven.


5 comments:

Amylee said...

Way to say it Laura! Change is always hard, but exciting and adventurous things await the two of you. Now go get a good job that you have to have a nice wardrobe fore :).

Nate and Lyndsi Clements said...

Is that your front door?. . . I'm in love!
And I miss you and your sassy little self that I could vent to. But I'm glad your enjoying moving on in life and hope someday I can do it as well as you two.

Joy Boaz said...

I believe that change and trials make us stronger and grow beyond what we could imagine. You two are going to be unstoppable!! I love you and I love your new place. Can't wait to visit! :)

McCall said...

On to bigger and better I guess!! I miss you guys! Keep in touch sister!!

Marion said...

Yeah for you guys at GOnzoga?? (don't think thats spelled right) I actually have a cousin who's husband is in their 2nd year at law school there... Would ty ever run into someone at school in their 2nd year?